Robert Nester Marley

Robert Nester Marley
"THE BIGGEST COWARD IS A MAN WHO AWAKENS A WOMAN'S LOVE WITH NO INTENTION OF LOVING HER"...Bob Marley

16 June 2008

ENTRELAC TUNISIAN CROCHET


I’ve been seeing this Entrelac Pattern around on the internet for quite some time. I’ve always wanted to do this pattern but was afraid I would screw up royally…”LOL”

Then one faithful day, my girlfriend introduced the pattern to me again, and I decided that I am gonna be brave and try it, and to my surprise after numerous frogging and frustration, I finally understood the pattern. It is a knitting pattern I got to understand, but it was written in crochet using the tunisian stitch.

I did a small swatch and I think I understood the concept of the pattern, so at the end of each square I made a chain 9 and did 10 rows in the tunisian stitch and this added an extra square to the end which makes each row grows longer and increases the afghan.
A pic of my sample swatch is here for you to see.

Entrelac is a knitting technique used to create a textured diamond pattern. While the end result resembles basket-woven strips of knitted fabric, the actual material comprises interconnected squares on two different orientations.

Unlike many textured knitting techniques, Entrelac allows for colorwork as well. Though single-color entrelac is the norm, it is often used to create colored patterns.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Hi Ava,

I love your afghans, they are so beautiful. I love crocheting too. I was wondering if at all possible if I could get a copy of the enterlac crochet pattern. I have been searching the web for about a month for a pattern and can not find one anywhere. My email address is mha1111928@aol.com

Thanks so much
Maria Harris
Texas